Friday, December 6, 2013

How did I get a Chip in My Windshield?


How did I get a Chip in My Windshield?

Windshield Replacement Mesa
Chip Repair 

Posted by: Master Certified Technician at Gator Auto Glass

 Most people drive around and do not realized their glass can crack.  The main reason for a chip in your windshield is due to rocks.  Yes, a rock flying through the air is the main reason for chips.  The weather affects the sensitivity of the windshield and the temperature of the glass will make it easy to break.  For example, if it is a hot day the glass will be hot and if a rock hits it just slightly it can cause a crack.  Also, if it is cold and you put on the heater it can cause the glass to become weak so when a pebble hits it you get a crack.  Driving on the highways or freeways can cause you to get chips easier if your stuck behind someone that has rocks or debris in front of you , there is a good chance you will get a chip.  A chip can be never go away you can only stop it from running.   If you have insurance or glass coverage for example from Allstate you may be eligible for a free Windshield Replacement on a yearly basis.  Your Insurance will cover it and some Auto Glass Shops like Gator Auto Glass even offer Free $50 cash back bonus to customer or Free movie tickets. 

3 comments:

  1. CALL FOR QUOTE 480-464-1766

    VISIT OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE http://www.gatorautoglasscom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so stupid for being floored that all the chips are from rocks. They just seem to pop up our of no where sometimes, but I guess that it is really just a small chip expanding from temp differences. I always just get my wind shield repaired as soon as I can, the spider webbing cracks freak me out. http://www.speedyglass.com/locator/arizona/tucson1.html#

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject? Car Glass Replacement

    ReplyDelete